At present the Club is Now Open Under ORANGE LIGHT CONDITIONS
Welcome to Paeroa Golf Club
PAEROA GOLF CLUB ATTENDANCE POLICY
In the interests of all members health, the mandates from Government, guidelines of NZ Golf, and the financial well-being of our Club, the Committee have decided the following. The Club is open to all members of the public
All members and visitors will continue to be welcome to play golf at Paeroa Golf Club.
Mask wearing is voluntary
Effective April 20th 2022. Paeroa Golf Club Committee.
Health & Safety of Players and Staff – Hazards & Risks
All persons enter the Paeroa Golf Course & Club Rooms at their own risk.
The Paeroa Golf Club takes its Health & Safety obligations seriously and has adopted safe working practices to help you enjoy your golfing experience. Failure to comply with the below procedures could result in prosecution under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Due to its unique and stunning natural features, the course has many potential risk hazards to be aware of:
• While enjoying the views, always be mindful of the potential risks – slippery steep slopes, narrow bridges, and wayward flying golf balls.
• On some fairways players are unsighted from oncoming golf balls, particularly over rises or from behind trees. If you or your partner hit a wayward ball warn unwary players by shouting “FORE” loudly and promptly.
• The tees on the 4th,6th, 9th, 11th, & 15th, holes are vulnerable to wayward balls. Please be aware when on these tees.
• There are steep slopes on holes 4, 5, 6, 9, 11 & 17 which require special care and attention, especially when wet, either walking or in a golf cart.
• We have several narrow bridges to be negotiated. Care should be taken on all these bridges as they can be slipperyand care is particularly needed if using a motorised cart.
• There will be an ongoing spraying programme throughout the year. The sections affected on the day will be notified in advance. We apologise for any inconvenience, but we must meet our obligations under our legislative requirements.
• Motorised golf carts operating on slopes can be dangerous, and may cause a cart to slide, spin or roll out of control. Operate carts in a safe and responsible manner.
Procedures to prevent injury to staff, players and general public from golf balls.
Greens Maintenance When mowers or machinery are in operation, the green is out of play and golfers are not to hit to the green until greens staff are clear of the green.
Fairway & Rough Maintenance Golfers must wait for an approaching vehicle or mower to pass behind, or out of range before playing their shots. Alternatively, golfers on the course may be called on to play their shots by the operator.
Other Situations In all other situations at our golf club, golfers must receive acknowledgment from ground staff who are in range before playing a shot.
Throughout the course and clubhouse please take care and act responsibly – BUT – above all, stay safe, have fun and enjoy the challenge that is the Paeroa Golf Club Course.